By Carmen Cicotti, LMP, Certified Acutonics® Practitioner, Senior Licensed Acutonics Faculty
Change does not happen overnight and does not happen without danger or an immense letting go of how things have been. It is time to let go of both the dysfunctional patterns and the comforting ones we’ve become familiar with while we have been coping with the dysfunction. We are being shaken to our core in a drawn-out matter with these slow and steady moving planets that require of us to keep it real, stay grounded and create a solid foundation around us. All of these qualities are elemental Earth qualities. Some of us thought perhaps this COVID challenge would come and go in a matter of weeks or months, but change, true and lasting change, does not happen that quickly or without some sort of sacrifice and a lot of personal effort.
We are in what the Hopi Elders told us about... “a river, that is moving with great force”. If we hang on to the shore, it will be a rocky and bumpy ride. They remind us to let go and fearlessly move towards the center (Earth Element) where the water (YIN) runs deep in its channels and gather with those who are near and celebrate! (Sedna) This water is the Life force. It is what we are all bonded to in this Life we share. It is the Jing Essence that we connect into with our personal practices, when we are in nature and when we give or receive an Acutonics session.
The Earth Element in Chinese Medicine, represents holding to the center, coming home, nurturing the core and holding that essence in the channels to create stillness and balance for the water and Jing Essence to birth itself and rise. The Earth Element also mediates the transition between seasons. Although many associate the Earth Element with Late Summer, the classics say that in the last 18 days of each season, Earth arises to facilitate this transition. The negative tendencies to watch out for in ourselves as well as in our clinical practices during this time are worry, over thinking, becoming over materialistic or overly focused on surface issues. Clinically this may show up as Spleen Qi deficiency, fatigue, dampness, feeling stuck in the mud, foggy thinking, overeating, bloating or edema.
Earth Element Intervals, Points and Protocol
The following protocol will help settle and integrate the system to come home during these times we are moving through. We will use all the Earth frequencies in the Acutonics system; Ohm - Earth Year, Zodiac - Earth’s Great Year and Earth Day - Earth’s daily cycle. I added Sedna who holds the reflection of Earth’s new story, which is also her old story coming back into balance and Sun to nourish and vitalize this seasonal element. I also brought in Saturn who is the ruler of Earthy Capricorn to address the presence of the main planetary influence during this major retrograde time. (Jupiter, Saturn and Pluto are all retrograde in Capricorn right now; Jupiter for 4 months, Saturn for 3.5 months and Pluto for 6-7 months).
- Ohm Unison on KID 1, Gushing Spring, the Huato Jiaji’s and the Baliao to ground, balance and center the whole system; body, mind and spirit.
- Low Ohm Octave on DU 2, Sacral Hiatus and DU 16, Wind Mansion to create a cranial/sacral still point and state of oneness.
- Ohm/Zodiac 3rd on LIV 3, Great Surge to disperse and clear out that which no longer fits in with the new program that is developing.
- Sedna/Earth Day 5th on LIV 14 (Cycles Gate) to bring in the new creative story with Sedna with the regenerative growth quality of Earth Day in the interval of a 5th for opening new doors.
We are also using the Wood Element (Liver points) above to address the control cycle from a Five Element perspective. Next we will bring in the Microcosmic Orbit with the Ren and Du Mai which are the Grandparent Vessels and home to the central axis.
- Sedna/Sun Microtone on the Ren Mai (Conception Vessel) and the Du Mai (Governing Vessel). A microtone creates a wave that weaves the frequencies into the Microcosmic Orbit, seeding Sedna, the new home connection to the Earth’s collective consciousness with the vitality and strength of the Sun. We are using the Fire Element (Sun frequency) here to address the creation cycle.
- Saturn/Earth Day on the Ren Mai (Conception Vessel) and the Du Mai (Governing Vessel). Here we use a musical 4th to create a harmonic structure using Saturn, the main planetary influence during this planetary retrograde that also focuses on creating a foundational structure and consolidation with Earth Day to regenerate, build and grow.
- Low Sedna Octave on the Ren Mai (Conception Vessel) and the Du Mai (Governing Vessel) - to integrate this new home and new story that we are reaching for and moving towards globally.
- Low Sedna Octave on ST 36, Three Leg Li, the Earth point on the Yang Earth meridian to provide deep grounding and balancing support for the Yang Earth energies.
- Low Sedna Octave on SP 3, Supreme White, the Earth point on the Yin Earth meridian to provide deep grounding and balancing support for the Yin Earth energies and complete the session with the new story of home.
Before you begin the session take a moment to lay your tuning forks out in order and listen to the intervals’ natural progression, rise and settling they make at the end. It is a beautiful song that sings to the seasonal element of Late Summer when everything naturally begins to move towards the center and begins to take a pause before the grand decent towards Autumn is fully underway.
This is a time to ask questions and take inventory as the Hopi elders shared in their message: “Where are you living?, What are you doing?, What are your relationships? Are you in right relation? Where is your water? Know your garden. Speak your truth. Create your community. Be good to each other And do not look outside yourself for your leader. We are the ones we have been waiting for.”
We can use this time to help our patients/clients/table angels to ease into a natural state of balance during this Earth Element Time of year, take a pause and come home with these Elemental Earth Frequencies.
I do so love this work and path we all share. Thank you for sharing it with all those that come your way.
Carmen lives and works on Lopez Island, WA. She is a Certified Acutonics® Practitioner and a Senior Licensed Acutonics faculty member. She offers the full Acutonics curriculum, clinic hours and clinical mentoring live on Zoom. She can be reached at 360-928-6498, firstname.lastname@example.org, http://www.northwestactuonics.com