By Jude Ponton, DC, MAc, LAc & Paul Ponton, MAc, LAc Senior Acutonics Licensed Teachers, Certified Acutonics® Practitioners
Authors of Acutonics for Dogs and Cats: Sound Healing for Animal Health
We had, at this time, been studying and integrating Acutonics into our acupuncture and chiropractic practice for perhaps a year and were seeing extraordinary benefits for our clients. Even people uncomfortable with the idea of needles were experiencing profound relief, which inspired us to think, “Why wouldn’t this work for our animal friend?” We decided to give the tuning forks a try, first working off body in Jazz’s subtle energy field to see how sensitive she would be to the vibrations then, holding forks over the points and finally touching her body with the forks. She was quite willing to allow this, though some points she preferred to have treated off-body. So began our discovery of the power of Acutonics for treating a variety of imbalances affecting our animal companions.
As time went on, we had more opportunities to treat our other animal friends and the animal companions of family and friends. Treating different animals helped to expand our knowledge and understanding of how best to interact with reluctant or cautious animals and how to approach treatment of various imbalances.
Jude’s mother’s cat, Charlie, was taken to a vet after showing sudden signs of lethargy and isolation. The vet diagnosed an irregular heartbeat and thought he might have experienced a chest trauma. He was given fluids and sent home, suggesting close observation until the kitty cardiologist came to town in three weeks. In the meantime, we decided to try an Acutonics treatment. When the forks were first introduced into Charlie’s field he shifted slightly away and then relaxed. Ohm forks were held over HT 7, Spirit Gate, applied in the field over the Huato Jiaji points and in the field over his chest. By the end of that day, Charlie was eating again and the next morning he was his usual self, agitating to go outside. We did a follow-up session using the same general approach. This time, when Charlie saw the forks he rubbed up against them. He completely recovered and the vet cancelled the cardiology referral.
Over the years we have treated our own animal friends, as well as other animals for injuries, digestive imbalances, urinary imbalances and a variety of other physical manifestations. Our poodle friend, Jazz, developed joint inflammation in later years which we treated with Acutonics and documented on YouTube. At Donna’s suggestion, we developed the Small Animal class to teach what we had learned about using Acutonics to benefit our animal friends. The class provided inspiration for our book, Acutonics For Dogs And Cats: Sound Healing For Animal Health.
We have trained people to support the health of their animal companions and have also trained animal massage practitioners, Reiki practitioners, holistic veterinarians and others who work energetically with animals. We have a good friend who is an animal behaviorist and has incorporated the use of Acutonics tuning forks into her practice with extraordinary results.
Acutonics helps our animal friends to align with their most vital vibrational frequencies. It can be used to support other treatments that you may be providing for your animal companions. Acutonics provides support for the qi (vital energy) and amplifies the benefits of other biochemical or mechanical approaches.
Since our animal friends reflect the energy of their environments, we always suggest that their human companions also receive Acutonics sessions to balance their energy and create resonance with the well-being of their animal companions.
We have found the balancing/harmonizing frequency of the Ohm forks can be totally adequate for treating most imbalances (in fact, our book provides strategies for treating with only Ohm forks as well as the option of using additional combinations). We also find it helpful to include Chiron forks for connection and communication with animals related to Chiron’s dual nature as both animal and human. Since the energy fields of animals are quite open, less is more. Simple approaches using a few points are very effective. Here are some simple suggestions to utilize Ohm and Chiron tuning forks to benefit your animal friends:
- Ohm and Chiron forks can be used in the subtle field for balance, communication and healing. Particular focus can be placed over areas of discomfort or imbalance.
- You can place your hand over an area of imbalance and hold the struck Ohm fork to your ear to allow the vibration to move through your body and your hand to move into your animal friend. You can also apply the fork to your hand as you hold it on an area. These approaches are useful for animals who are wary of forks directly placed on the body.
- You can place your finger on an acupuncture point and sound the Ohm fork by your ear while touching the point. You will feel a slight buzz at your finger when you are on the point. This is also useful for animals uncomfortable with direct contact of the forks.
- If it’s necessary to administer pharmaceutical medications you can sound the Ohm forks in the field over the meds before administering them to mitigate some of the less useful effects of the medication (we recommend this approach for human meds too).
- Ohm forks applied on or over the Huato Jiaji points provide basic grounding and balance for the entire body and can be very useful for supporting the animal as they age. We began doing this nightly over the past couple of years for our sweet cat friend who recently transitioned into non-physical. After only a few times, if we forgot to get the forks at bedtime, she would meow to remind us.
Treat your animal companions to an Acutonics session. As vibrational beings we can all, biped and quadruped, benefit from the healing frequencies of the Acutonics tuning forks.
If you wish to further your understanding and application of Acutonics tools in energetically supporting your animal’s health and well being we direct you to our book listed at the end of the article, available through Acutonics or on Amazon.
Jude and Paul Ponton practice and teach at Whispering Dragon Center in Seattle. They are co-authors of Acutonics From Galaxies to Cells: Planetary Science, Harmony and Medicine, and of Acutonics for Dogs and Cats: Sound Healing for Animal Health. They are frequent guests on Martha Norwalk’s Animal World radio show on KKNW AM providing live remote sessions for callers to the show. They can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and through their web site www.whispering-dragon.com. Like them on their Face Book page Whispering Dragon Center.